I did those cookies for my colleagues last week, as a little gift for Christmas, in little bags with also cinnamon stars in them. I've baked more than 600 cookies in two days for these little goodies, and I had to go to work too... I reaaallyyyy do deserve my holidays !
It was the first time I tried this recipe, I was looking for a quick and christmassy cookie recipe, it was already late, and I had to finish up my goodies... By the way, I keep talking and you still don't know what I've been baking ! Well, here's a recipe for ginger biscuits !
Christmas ginger biscuits
from Nigella Christmas.
- 90g (3oz) soft butter
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 200g (1 1/2 cup) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until whipped soft and pale then beat in the egg, then the ginger, flour, baking powder and salt and continue mixing until it all comes together to make a soft dough.
- Form into two discs, wrap each one in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle a suitable surface with flour, place a disc of dough on it and sprinkle a little more flour on top. Then roll out to a thickness of about 5mm/ 0.2in.
- Cut into shapes, dipping the cutter into flour as you go and place the biscuits a little apart on a lined baking sheet.
Happy holidays !
If you like this, you can follow it on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bakeaholicandco/251427858241722