- 200g (7oz) marzipan
- 3 egg whites
- 300g (2 1/3 cup) icing sugar
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 200g (1 3/4 cup) ground hazelnuts
- 200g (1 3/4 cup) ground almonds
for the icing:
- 180g (1 1/3 cup) icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- First, knead the marzipan with an egg white, then add the sugars, cinnamon and the remaining egg whites.
- Fold in the hazelnuts and half of the almonds until it comes together and form a dough.
- Preheat the oven at 150°C/300°F
- Sprinkle a suitable surface with the remaining almonds and roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1cm/ 0.4in. Cut into stars.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Mix the lemon juice, egg whites, and icing sugar. You must have a thick but runny icing.
- Spread the icing on the stars.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the icing gets lightly golden.
- Let them cool on a wire rack
Frohes Fest !
If you like this, you can follow it on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bakeaholicandco/251427858241722