I'll start with Lemon Squares, I found the idea in a friend's blog Highwaytocook, and thought it was the best way to start my little journey, and without chocolate for once ! (And by the way, for those following the blog, the nutella jar is still there ! ^^)
So here it is, I didn't use the same recipe as my friend because I had mine but hers is really interesting and I'll definitely try it soon.
You'll need :
- 150g/ 1 1/4 cup flour
- 30g / 1/4 cup icing (confectioner's) sugar
- 125 g / 1/2 cup butter (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp starch
That was for the dough, and now the filling :
- zest of a lemon
- 16 cl 3/4 cup lemon juice (I used half lemon half lime)
- 250g 11/3 cup light brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 5 tbsp flour
Icing sugar for dusting
That's how it goes :
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a stand mixer (use the paddle attachment) mix all the ingredients for the dough until it gets crumbly. You can also do it by hand, with a fork, but I get soooo lazy sometimes...
- Press into the bottom of a square pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- For the filling, beat all the ingredients together and pour onto the dough .
- Turn down the oven to 150°C/300°F.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, let it cool for 15 minutes, take out of the pan and dust with icing sugar.
- Cut into squares or bars.
Have a nice week!
If you like this, you can follow it on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bakeaholicandco/251427858241722