Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May day

So many rainy days in April and no baking... sad isn't it? Some baking disasters made me take a break. 
But today was such a lovely day, bank holiday (We have four of them this month, I love may!!!), spending time with friends I don't see often enough, sunbathing in the Jardin du Luxembourg... that I wanted to get back to blogging and soon baking !
We have a tradition here, we give muguet (I think you call it lily of the valley) to bring luck, I'm not superstitious ("Superstition ain't the way ") and I can't actually give it to you, but you'll have a picture of it !


I still have recipes from last month to share with you, like this cheesecake recipe. I LOVE cheesecake, and now that Philadelphia is available in France I love it even more ! I used to buy it on my trips to Germany so that I could bake a real one at least once a year, and now I just have to cross the street to find it ! Isn't that great? (I know, such little things make me happy sometimes!)

Cheesecake


You'll need : 



  • 500g cream cheese
  • 200g/ 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 40g 1/3 cup flour
  • juice and zest of a lime
  • 35 cl crème fraîche
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract.
for the frosting :
  • 22,5 cl crème fraîche
  • 2 tbsp sugar

And then : 

  • Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. crumble the cookies and mix with the butter, sugar and spice (by hand).
  • Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
  • Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan.
  • Bake for about 15 minutes.


  • Take out the pan and turn the oven up to 250°C/460°F.
  • Mix all the ingredients (adding one at a time, starting with the cream cheese) and whisk until incorporated.
  • Pour the mixture into the pan.


  • Bake for 10 minutes and without opening the oven turn the temperature down to 120°C/250°F and bake for a further 1h15.
  • If you want to add a frosting, mix the cream and sugar and pour on the cake 15 minutes before the end of baking time and put back the cheesecake in the oven for 15 minutes.
  • Let it cool. 
  • and enjoy !

Have a nice week, and if you're French or Greek, don't forget to vote on sunday ! :)

If you like this, you can follow it on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bakeaholicandco/251427858241722 

3 comments:

  1. Delicious delicious cheesecake :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your comments ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lilly of the Valley, it smells beautiful. I also love cheesecake, so a great post all round :)

    ReplyDelete