But today was such a lovely day, bank holiday (We have four of them this month, I love may!!!), spending time with friends I don't see often enough, sunbathing in the Jardin du Luxembourg... that I wanted to get back to blogging and soon baking !
We have a tradition here, we give muguet (I think you call it lily of the valley) to bring luck, I'm not superstitious ("Superstition ain't the way ") and I can't actually give it to you, but you'll have a picture of it !
You'll need :
- 200g spritz biscuits (I could have baked them myself, but sometimes you know... you can find a recipe here : http://bakeaholicandco.blogspot.fr/2011/01/god-created-coffee-houses-of-vienna-and.html)
- 80g / 1/3 cup melted butter
- 50g / 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 500g cream cheese
- 200g/ 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 40g 1/3 cup flour
- juice and zest of a lime
- 35 cl crème fraîche
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
for the frosting :
- 22,5 cl crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp sugar
And then :
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. crumble the cookies and mix with the butter, sugar and spice (by hand).
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Take out the pan and turn the oven up to 250°C/460°F.
- Mix all the ingredients (adding one at a time, starting with the cream cheese) and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and without opening the oven turn the temperature down to 120°C/250°F and bake for a further 1h15.
- If you want to add a frosting, mix the cream and sugar and pour on the cake 15 minutes before the end of baking time and put back the cheesecake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- and enjoy !
Have a nice week, and if you're French or Greek, don't forget to vote on sunday ! :)
If you like this, you can follow it on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bakeaholicandco/251427858241722